Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Room of the Month - The Room with your Christmas Tree

Jingle bell, jingle bell, jingle bell rock  
Jingle bells swing and jingle bells ring
Snowing and blowing up bushels of fun
Now the jingle hop has begun"
 
While making my monthly pilgrimage to Horchow Finale (for a wee bit of retail therapy), I overheard a fellow shopper humming away the words to the joyous tune above.  Being that I have been singing Christmas carols for weeks now, I was eager to have a fellow songstress to join in the holiday spirit along with me.  Not quite there yet, yourself?  Not to worry...The best place to start is the tree.
 
Personally, the tree is the easiest way to add punch to your decor.  My three trees are already decked and ready to go (minus my 15 footer which did not make the list this year due to numerous reasons...) Following is a quick look at the trees blosssoming on Pintail Lane:

Tree #1
The white glam tree fits the ever-unique builder niche and works well with the décor.

Tree #2, What's Christmas without the real deal?  Smells are everything at the holidays.
 

Tree #3. Charlie Brown is never far away in the Moss family celebration.  Complete with the heavy ornaments and bending branches.
 
Insteading of sighing because of my decoration completion, how about join me?  Nothing thrills me more than seeing how others bring their own unique take on the holidays.  To make your transition from ho-hum to a winter wonderland, here are some savvy suggestions to get you going: 

Neutrals with just the right metallic pop.  Classy and festive.
 

Cotton candy pink keeps this tree looking fabu...
 

Tight spaces are spot-on for a tiny tree.  A few ornaments which coordinate with the gift wrap used on the presents creates giant pizzaz.


Instead of visions of sugar plums this year, what about cupcakes?  Said to be from Kmart this year, this room is the inspiration of Eddie Ross.
 
Southern Accents Magazine showcases gorgeous trees and these are just a sampling from the last two years. 


Traditional red and green are always stylish.  The quintessential Christmas combination is made even more yummy with a more festive green.
 

Va-va-voom.  Turquoise really speaks to me at the holidays.
 
And this one has a fun pop too.

Featured in Veranda, why not utilize a peacock?
 

And let’s not forget the queen  - Martha Stewart!

Adore the pink…

All this talk of trees makes me want to fire up the ole lights and finish what my fellow Horchow Finale pal started the other day.  So until I receive some pics of the trees donning the halls of your home, I'm forced to leave you with the final verse of the previous carol:
"Mix and a-mingle in the jingling feet
That's the jingle bell,
That's the jingle bell,
That's the jingle bell rock."
 
Ho,ho,ho-
C

No comments:

Post a Comment