Tuesday, September 7, 2010

What I'm lovin' now...


“Buh,duh,duh,duh duh….I’m lovin it”  Made famous by Justin Timberlake and also a really catchy Mickey D’s commercial, this ditty completely captures the essence of what I am craving in design this moment.  Sure, there’s a lot on my plate with: classes, kids, husband, friends, studies, projects, dinners, breakfasts --- you get the picture.  But nothing, and I mean nothing, clears my mind as quickly as hopping between the sheets and digesting all of my new design catalogs and magazines. I create a whole ambience for myself with candles and a glass of wine.  Some might call it pitiful, I call it sheer pleasure!

So what are these little bits of heaven that I am totally lovin’ right now?  What’s satisfying my cravings, you ask?  Here are the top 5 that feed the need this moment:

#5 LIGHT FIXTURE - IKEA
This is one of those fixtures that is hard to get out of my minds’ eye --- one that I always keep in my back pocket as a “go-to” light.  The styling is wonderfully simple yet completely transfixing.  I wish I had a girls room to put this in right now.  But since that’s not the case, I will have to settle for my home office.  This terrific nugget will gladly replace the boring white ceiling fan.  Perfect!

#4 SUNRISE CHEST – GRANDIN ROAD
Gleaming black piano lacquer finish and circular pulls make this treasure lovely.  Maybe it’s that I just finished studying the Art Deco period with it’s high skyscraper styling or if I just dig black but this chest calls to me.


#3 VICEROY DRAPES – DRAPESTYLE.COM
Between the greek pattern and the color, I am guessing that these window treatments were named after Kelly Wearstler’s Viceroy Hotel.  For those fellow “Wearstler-ites” these drapes perfectly capture her essence.  They would work  seamlessly in my dining room but that is a projected completion date of 2012 at the earliest….


#2 HARRIET LAMP – JAYSON HOME AND GARDEN
Speaking of dining room re-do, a pair these shapely lamps would really add some pizzazz to my room.  It’s so easy to picture these as a pair on the buffet.


But wait!  Just last night I found these on sale at ZGallerie.  And I ordered them for my buffet.  Budget friendly!



#1 SUNBURST MIRROR – WISTERIA.COM
Good ol’ Louis XVI never knew that his decorating style would extend into the 21st century but it rocks!  Not only does this look at home in a contemporary room but also with a myriad of other styles.


Although these are 5 extremely safe choices to begin your decorating (or even re-decorating) of your pad, these are only a sampling of what it available.  What I will be “lovin” next month, who knows!  But this is fast becoming a habit that I simply can’t get enough of – wine, candles, magazines and all.  So for now, I’ll have to stick to my intense schedule while dreaming from afar.

Until next week, 

C



No comments:

Post a Comment