Tuesday, April 19, 2011

I love designer...Mary McDonald

Welcome to the premier article in a series entitled: "I love designer..."  Brought about by my natural attraction to those in the business that consistently capture my attention, my aim is to allow you to admire their work and get a glimpse into who they are as a person.  Enjoy! 




This week I'm am featuring LA Designer, Mary McDonald.


"Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your design grow?" A House Beautiful's "Top 100 Designers"  many times over, Miss Mary operates a hugely successful LA based design firm.  She's been featured in all the trendiest home magazines, including most recently in House Beautiful's Bold and Theatrical Design.

Notice how Mary takes timeless classics and makes it unique.


Featured in Veranda magazine article McDonald's Ideas for Home, this room exudes Mary's creativity and playfulness.

Mary grew up in Brentwood, California and attended Parsons School of Design.  She worked for a miliner having her designs features in Vogue, Bazaar and Vanity Fair.  Miss Mary has since earned acclaim for such projects as The Luxe Summit hotel in Bel Air.

Pink accents in this grand navy blue living room definitely add that powerful pop of contrast.

The mix of orange, blue and zebra got my full attention.

Not to mention the accessories and red accents in this fantastic living room.
Wouldn't you just love to sleep in the bedroom for one night?

This photo of Mary is one of my favorites -- Domino magazine we miss you!



Mary recently published her first book Mary McDonald: Interiors. In addition to her recent publication, Miss Mary's The Allure of Style, (which is my deepest pleasure to own) has provided me with limitless ideas while brainstorming for clients and also doing some homework. 

So, here's to Mary McDonald!  May she her design garden keep blooming with oodles of inspiration for years to come.


ciao-
C

No comments:

Post a Comment